Skip to main content

Is it just Me?


Is it just me or my heart that beats?
That no longer wants to walk on the lonely streets.

Or is that your charm that I cannot resist,
Or your will to find the lost me in the midst.

Maybe it’s your eyes full of fire,
Or maybe it’s your words that dare me to desire.

It must be the fun that we have together,
That makes me wish that this time stands still and not change ever.

It could be that you are the one that fills my life with joy,
Or maybe it’s your intense gaze that just makes me coy.

It could be that you never hide your vice,
But the fidelity that you possess will simply suffice.

Or is that your touch that blazes through my skin,
Or maybe it’s your soft caresses that every time wins.

Maybe it’s your kiss that sets a fire in my veins,
Or it could be just your presence that breaks all my chains.

It could be the warmth of your arms in a cold like ice,
That tempts me to remain in them, no matter the price.

It could be my belief in you that you will not leave me alone in a haze,
And if there’s a shadow following me, I know you will give it a mighty chase.

It could be your love that shines in your eyes,
That holds me together even through my cries.

Or is it this thing between us that you set the pace,
That though I follow behind you because I know it’s not a race.

Maybe because I know that you have no concealed guise,
And that you will beat any evil in my life if in real it lies.

Maybe because I know that you will chase away my shadows,
That even if we are lost in a maze, we’ll find our ways to lovely meadows.

Maybe it’s your handsome face, all full of beauty and grace,
Or maybe it’s the way you entice me into your embrace.

I never knew that I could feel something as strong as love,
That there will be someone who will think of me as a fragile dove.

That there will be no prince for me if not for the destiny that I blame,
But then I was a fool to believe that because then you came.

It could be now my destiny trying to cheat,
Is it just me or my heart that beats?

Comments

Post a Comment