Skip to main content

Dear Brother



On this day, dear brother, 
Let's try not to fight,
Oh, who am I kidding?
Our bickering is our birthright!

But without any fights today,
Let's celebrate the bond we share,
Even though I know that,
Sometimes you don't even play fair!

You have given me many gifts,
Even the promises that are left are few,
But make one more promise to me,
It's something different, something new.

You have always been my saviour.
And I know you always will be,
But from now on I want you,
To protect every woman you see.

And then one day,
No woman will fear the unknown,
No girl will be harmed,
No sister will be alone.

There are proud men of our country,
Every day on the border, they make a sacrifice.
And here in the country, my brother,
Good men like you will suffice. 

Now with that good promise,
Let's move on to the gifts,
Wait, did you really think,
That I never made a list? 


Comments