Skip to main content

Pink Love!


I wake up with a jolt and brush my teeth,
Heat some water and wash away my sleep.

While brushing my hair I wonder whether to curl,
A quick glance at the watch and I know my plans won’t unfurl.

So I doll up in a dress and slip into my heels,
My shoes give me power, so amazing is how it feels.

I put on some mascara and paint my lips,
And twirl in front of a giant mirror like smoky wisps.

With a tote on my arm and bounce in my feet,
I pluck myself off and step out on the street.

The sun smiles at me and the birds start to sing,
The flowers dance merrily and trees stand like a king.

I wave them a hello and start to skim,
Maybe today is the day when I meet HIM.

He’s the one, who visits me in my dream,
A handsome knight and eyes full of gleam.

I giggle and step inside the place where I work,
Reading stories for a job has some of its perks.

Today my hero has eyes like ocean blue,
I sigh and wonder when I will meet YOU.

I jerk out of my notion and look at the sky,
In my fairy tale musings, the day has passed by.

With a silly shake of head, I bounce across the street,
I stumble but HE holds me and that’s how our eyes meet.

As deep as the ocean, as blue as the sky,
He’s a handsome hunk, Oh, dear my!

A smile touches my lips and I can’t help but swoon,
Oh, I met my Prince Charming; I’m so over the moon.

Butterflies flutter around me but I don’t even blink,
Everything shines brighter, everything looks pink!

He leans a little closer, maybe to give me my true love’s kiss,
So I hold my breath, close my eyes and wait for the bliss.

Seconds, minutes, hours go by,
I bite my lip and open one eye.

What I see makes me moan,
I huff, I scowl, I slap myself and groan.

With a heavy heart, I jump out of my bed,
My hero wasn’t real; he was just in my head!

I open the window and welcome the evening breeze,
I long for the day when HE will just stop to tease.

Maybe not today, but I will meet him one day,
With that thought, I hope my destiny will find another way.

I smile when I see pastels blooming in the skies above,
And suddenly I realize I spent another day, dreaming of Pink Love!


Comments

Post a Comment