Skip to main content

A Broken Tale



I believed in rainbows and unicorns,
I was fond of lovely fairy tales,
A different world and the happily ever after,
But in real, all of it pales.

I loved the idea of being a princess,
I thought I had the right to dream,
Of glitters and gold, of love and peace,
But in real, it was the worst nightmare that made me scream.

I was of an age to play with dolls,
To play dress up with the lovely gowns,
Instead, the sheet covering me was snatched away,
And I was left bare, with a thorn-filled crown.

I soon realized that fairy tales aren’t real,
And that there wouldn’t be a Prince Charming for me,
Because a monster was lurking in the shadows,
Who had already set his evil sight on me.

It was just another day when I stepped outside,
Little did I know that it was the beginning of my end,
The cruel devil finally got me into his clutches,
And things started happening that I couldn’t even comprehend.

I fought him with all that I had but I was just so little,
He was a giant, brutal, cruel, and every bad thing that I fear,
I was shredded into nothing, into a tiny piece by piece,
And there was not a single soul for my pleas to hear.

My tears started to mix with my own blood,
And soon I was lying drenched in pain,
If there is God, then where is he?
Because there I was praying in nothing but vain.

I cried and bled and asked him to stop,
It was painful, dreadful that I just couldn’t bear,
It was after ages that I breathed a sigh of relief,
When I felt my end was finally near.
  
It was in those final moments that I realized,
That the dream of my fairy tale will end with my last breath,
And what was my fault that I paid for like this?
That before I could even live I was forced to embrace my death.

Isn’t it pathetic to feel grateful for death?
But what else a little girl is supposed to feel when on every street there lies a beast?
Who looks like a normal man with no devil horns or clutches,
But in real thinks of every girl as nothing but a feast.

How can a man be capable of being so vicious?
Is this how every little girl’s tale supposed to end?
With a battered soul and shattered dreams,
And a body beyond repair to mend.

Comments

  1. Harsh reality...
    Beautifully written though
    Keep it up...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very emotional and heart breaking
    Brought me a piece of pain and anguish
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job alisha....those words goes straight to heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbly written.... Beautifully expressed ...All d very best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Composition beyond explaination
    🙌keept it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment